April 24, 2011

Ultimate Spiderman

I've always loved the Spiderman comics.  Very much as influence on me as a young artist.  This is the Ultimate Spiderman version of the character.  I'm very pleased with the way this one turned out.  Seems like I am most comfortable with this body rig style.  Ah the webbing, I thought I was going to hate doing it, but the results were sure worth it to get it just right.

Draft 1 :  The rough sketch

Draft 2:  The line drawing.  Went cleaner on my lines this time.  Less heavily shadowed via ink as compared to my last project, the Maxx.  Trying to do more of the rendering and shadowing in my painting than the inking.

Draft 3:  Light render.  Have to keep remembering to zoom way out sometimes to make sure it still reads and makes sense.  Getting used to the painting.

Draft 4:  Color!  Love it!!

Original

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jimmy -- Love the new SpiderMan, way to keep the dynamic pose all the way through the color. Sendme your email so I can email you a birthday party invite: scott@nickel-dime.com