April 17, 2011

Hawaiian Warrior 2

Wacom Project #5.
All digital painting.
Roughly 7-8 hours.

For this next painting, I wanted to do something a little more personal.  A Hawaiian warrior in the moonlight.  Finding it easier and easier to work on my Wacom.  Starting to feel good working and painting on it.  Seems like my anatomy studies of Akuma have rubbed off.  Looks like I put in similar a muscle structure in my warrior.  Just went to the Brewery art walk yesterday.  Saw a painting with this crazy green that was on skin that just looked wild.  I always wanted to experiment with that, so here I experimented with a yellowish-green (left) and a blueish-white light (right).

Draft 1:  Laying down my rough ideas and proportions. 

Draft 2:  Feeling out some of the important lines.  Rough shading.

Draft 3:  Got the ink lines down.  Darkened the background.  Starting to look right!

Draft 4:  Paint rendering.

Draft 5:  Color and finalizing the shading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it be possible to make a shirt out of this for my robotics team? of course it wouldn't be exactly the same, we'll add and get rid of some stuff

Unknown said...

Dope bro